Happy Easter from 30/10! With the holiday just around the corner, we want to share some tips that our clients, both on program and on maintenance, have used to help them stay on track with their goals! We know social events can be tempting, but fortunately, 30/10 is here to give you ideas on how to make Easter just as enjoyable as ever.
- Eat before you go – If you are going to, or are hosting, a gathering this Easter, you can avoid overindulging on temptations by eating a small meal or snack beforehand! This helps you feel full and less tempted by foods at the gathering. You can also bring along a snack just in case such as one of your 30/10 bars, 30/10 fruit drink or a veggie tray to share with everyone!
- Plan what you are going to eat – Dinner options can consist of foods such as pork loin or ham, side dishes of potatoes and other vegetables, and sometimes dinner rolls. We recommend to our maintenance clients to be mindful of what they are eating and if they do plan to have a carb-heavy meal such as this one, to cut back on carbs the rest of the day. This allows your body to maintain your current weight without disrupting your progress! If you are a client currently on program, you can always bring your own food options that can be served to others, such as our Egg Salad! Try out our Chunky Egg Salad with Fresh Dill recipe below this Easter for a fun twist and for others to enjoy! This egg salad over butter lettuce makes a delicious meal that keeps you on track without missing out. And if you plan on doing an Easter brunch, eggs and veggies together, such as an omelet, are easy to order or make!
- Use a smaller plate – Eating on a smaller plate can help you stick to portions and avoid overeating. As you eat, be mindful of when you feel full and stop eating at that time, even if food is left on the plate. You can always save the food for later, and you shouldn’t feel guilty for not finishing a meal if you are full!
- If there are appetizers, eat using a plate instead of your hands – When you eat using a plate, you will be more mindful of how much you are eating, especially prior to a meal. A common appetizer that is served would be deviled eggs and a vegetable tray, so putting a serving of each onto your plate and walking away from the food can keep you from mindlessly snacking!
- Ask yourself if you are hungry or how hungry you are – As you are about to eat, check-in with yourself to see how much food you would actually need to eat without overeating. If you do not feel hungry, then maybe you do not need to eat more appetizers before dinner or you can skip on dessert since you are full!
- Enjoy your time with loved ones – As you get to celebrate the holiday with family and friends, be present and enjoy each other’s company. Make the holiday about playing fun games and catching up with one another instead of focusing on the food.
30/10 Easter Recipes
These tips are a great way to practice mindful eating and will promote your success towards your goals. 30/10 Weight Loss for Life will always be here to give you tips and tricks for holidays, special occasions, and more each step of the way! Our 30/10 Health Coaches will make sure you are prepared for events like Easter, so be sure to reach out to your coach if you would like more tips!
30/10 Weight Loss for Life is a comprehensive weight loss program that can help you achieve weight loss success while providing many tools to help you transition to a healthy lifestyle! Get started with 30/10 Weight Loss for Life by visiting any 30/10 location or call us at (855)-937-3010!