Halloween can be a tricky time for those trying to lose weight. The stores are overflowing with candy, Halloween parties call for sweet treats, and workplaces often promise fall flavored goodies in the break room. For anyone trying to focus on weight loss and a healthy diet, all these distractions can be devilishly tempting!
As scary as this fact is, there’s no need to get spooked; 30/10 is here to help!
We’re sorry if we sound a little corny, we just want to help you resist those cravings for candy!
We have put together a few tricks that can help you stay on track during this spooky season!
- Buy candy that you’re not a fan of
- You might be buying candy in the weeks leading up to Halloween night, causing bags of it to be kept within easy reach at home. It is much less tempting to graze on candy if you make a point to buy your least favorite option rather than candy you know you can’t resist.
- Give the bottom of the bowl to the last trick-or-treater
- Worried that you’ll have leftover candy at the end of the night? You might think to yourself, ‘Oh I might as well have it because otherwise it will go to waste’. Instead of finishing what’s leftover, try giving it away to the last trick-or -treater of the night. Or give it to your kids for them to keep; they can trade candy with one of their friends or save it for themselves for later!
- Keep your candy out of sight and out of mind
- This is a simple, yet effective way to avoid snacking on candy. Hide the bag somewhere you know you will be difficult to remember until Halloween time. You can also ask a friend or family member to hide the bag somewhere that way you can really keep it out of sight!
- Participate in Halloween traditions
- There are plenty of festivities you can participate in that don’t revolve around sweet treats. Enjoy a pumpkin patch with your family, be brave and visit a haunted house with your friends, or carve jack o lanterns! These are some activities you can enjoy that aren’t necessarily centered around food.
- Stay hydrated and nourished
- Studies show that dehydration and vitamin deficiencies lead to cravings! For example, being magnesium deficient can increase your cravings for sweet items, like chocolate.
- Bring a program approved appetizer to the Halloween party
- Check out the 30/10 app for great ideas on party-friendly dishes you can bring to your Halloween gatherings and stay on track! Our 30/10 deviled eggs, homemade ranch dip, and stuffed mushrooms are dishes that everyone will enjoy.
- Stay away from the Booze to avoid a scary weigh in!
It’s important to stay in your normal eating and activity routine as much as possible this Halloween. Remember that one day isn’t worth sabotaging a week’s worth of progress!
30/10 Weight Loss for Life is a comprehensive weight loss program that can help you achieve your goals and weight loss success! Get started with 30/10 Weight Loss for Life by visiting any 30/10 location or call us at (855)-937-3010!